Tuesday, February 12, 2008

 

Nexus Church Sketch


Nexus Church Sketch
Originally uploaded by Jeff.
I needed to knock out a graphic to be used as presentation fodder for our Nexus Church Service last Sunday. The sermon series is based on the characteristics of Christ, a very broad subject with many possibilities. Needless to say I found it extremely difficult to sum up Christ’s character into a single image so I began to research icons of the early church to help generate some ideas.
The dove beat the fish by about 2 to 1.
Just drawing an ascending dove wasn’t enough for me though I felt I needed to also communicate the infinite dynamics and the immeasurability of Christ’s personality. Paul said we now only see “as if we are looking through a smoky mirror” meaning, I think, our understanding of Christ here on earth will be somewhat transcendental and ephemeral.
I chose to draw in a real loose fashion almost a scribbling allowing the density of the lines to define the image so you are never quite sure where the edge is.
A little hard camera angle and a slight bit of Photoshop trickery adds to the ambiance, enjoy.

Comments:
I didn't know you had a blog! I was wondering how you created that piece on Sunday. I meant to ask you but didn't get the chance.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?