Monday, January 15, 2007

 

Portrait


Portrait
Originally uploaded by Jeff..
I had tons of trouble with this project. The main problem I had to overcome was a very small photograph as reference material. I was making most of this drawing up. It was much like playing fill in the blanks.
The original drawing looks much more like Cyndi than this photo reproduction. The camera doesn't see all the subtle detail and tonal range. Even so for all the work I put into this I'm pretty disappointed in the results.
I struggled so much with the mouth, the nose and just simple composition. I have discovered that my drawing skills need plenty of work. Thats all I have to say about this because the more I write the more frustrated I get. On to the next project.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?