Sunday, September 24, 2006

 

Pattern2


Pattern2
Originally uploaded by Jeff..
A few weeks ago I spent some time working with a church start-up group to help them create a new identity. After a few rounds of back and fourth we arrived at a great solution that was distinctive, iconic and perfectly positioned. This isn't it, but it is one of the concepts that were being considered.
The mark is a combination of multiple circles and a Roman cross that communicates interconnectivity of our spiritual lives and our connections to one another.
I recently saw the potential for the Celtic knot inspired logo to be used within a graphic pattern. So I spent a couple hours exploring a possibility. The finished design could be described as a funky mod fabric pattern. The excercise was anything but exuastive but I'm sastified with the current solution.
I discovered as I was working the simpler designs were working the best. I was tempted to create a complicated multlayer pattern but found that they just looked thoughtless and busy proving out the age-old adage more is less. More pattern fun to come.

Comments:
When i first glanced at this I saw a Celtic resemblance even before I read what your thoughts are. I don't see the chaos that you describe. The Interior Designer sees two designs that would look great as fabric. I know thats not what you had in mind but....
 
Little sister, thanks for the comments. The pattern can be used as fabric I think that would be a great use for it. The chaos I described was in the designs concepts leading up to this pattern not in this pattern I hope that clears up any confusion.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?