Tuesday, June 20, 2006

 

SeaFoam


SeaFoam
Originally uploaded by Ponycar.
Is it doodles on a napkin or a whole new form of art? For me I hope it can become a whole new direction in creating art. I was doodling in a meeting at my desk yesterday and began to see some themes coming through in the drawing. The more I looked at the swirls and symbols the more it reminded me of the ocean. I know that sounds a little crazy but look in the center of the design. I see a "Sand dollar"surrounded by waves and bits and pieces of shells. The original drawing was in blue ink so I had to scan it pull it into photoshop and do some color manipulations. I'm really jazzed by the results even if it's just a doodle.

Comments:
Better late than never, I guess. And I like the new art form a lot. I'm drawn to spirials anyway - since they imply something worthwhile at the core. This one seems to have opposing forces at work, trying to compress and expand at the same time.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?