Sunday, April 09, 2006

 

Via Crucis Installation


Via Crucis Installation
Originally uploaded by Ponycar.
This past Saturday we completed and installed our "Via Crucis" project at St. Elizabeth’s. I was so happy to see that we were able to set up and complete the project pretty much as we had concepted it. It's funny though regardless of how meticulous you might be in planning for all the contingencies for a project like this you always seem to miss something. When we arrived we discovered that the space we were allotted was different than what we had planned for so we had to improvise a little. Also, when installing the panels we found the floor to be anything but level but with some crafty engineering and some spit and tape we made do. The bright spot you see glowing on one of the panels in the photograph is a mini Maglight mounted on a microphone stand illuminating the face of Mary.

The table sitting in front of the panels holds a sign written by my friend Debbie that reads:

"Jesus Meets His Mother

Jesus, you feel so alone as you looked out on all the angry, mocking faces. You see your mother. She is suffering with you. She is the face of compassion.
God, when I’m suffering help me find the one, compassionate face in the crowd and for those suffering, help me to be that compassionate face in the crowd.
God, grant my church the grace to be the face of compassion to a suffering world.
In the redemptive name of Jesus, Amen. "

Thanks again to Debbie, Chuck and the "Vineyard Central" for allowing me to participate in this event I found it to be very fulfilling.

Also thanks to Debbie, Chuck, Dad, and Cyndi for all their help in concepting, constructing and installing.

Finally thanks to all the anonymous faces I used on our panels and here is to hoping no one recognizes himself or herself and sues my pants off...

Comments:
Thank you for work. I watched in the distance as people stood before the panels and took their time to examine the faces. You could tell it was leaving a lasting impression on them. If it inspires one person to act with more compassion then it was worth it. The face you chose for Mary was perfect and it will stay with me forever. Good work!
 
It is a cool station. I hope to go back and spend more time examining the faces more in depth. Last night was a little crazy. Cool concept though.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?