Tuesday, January 17, 2006

 

Soul Cloud


Soul Cloud
Originally uploaded by Ponycar.
So I spent some time on monday working through this sketch. Its been in my mind for awhile. I have seen this image a number times in a number of locations not the least of which has been in my head. I tried to draw it a few times including a black and white version with a hotel in the foreground which winded up looking as weird as it sounds.
This sketch is really close to how I would like to paint it. I love the color combinations and line work. I may explore the line direction of the area that suggest falling rain because right now it sort of looks like the stem of a mushroom.
I have a canvas that is a little more horizontal then this sketch which I'll probably use for the finished painting this should give it a stronger panoramic look.
Well I need to get started on the new piece we'll see how long this one takes me to finish. Hopefully it will be less than three months.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?