Friday, February 11, 2005

 

Cottage2


Cottage2
Originally uploaded by Ponycar.
This is a painting I created for my wife this past Christmas. She was inspired by an illustration of a cottage she really liked on a postcard and asked me to create a painting from it. I took the opportunity to experiment with style a little by mixing traditional brush techniques and a pseudo pointillism style. Most of the flowers, shrubs and greenery are constructed with points of color while the house and trees are made up of traditional flat brushstrokes. You can see I painted the trees first because of how their style looks completely different from the rest of the painting. The painting took a number of weeks to complete as I patiently laid several layers of paint over top of each other.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?